Wednesday 4 June 2014

Justin Bieber Issues Heartfelt Apology for Racist Joke, Use of N Word | Gossip Hollywood Blog

Justin Bieber Issues Heartfelt Apology for Racist Joke, Use of N Word | Gossip Hollywood Blog


Justin Bieber Issues Heartfelt Apology for Racist Joke, Use of N Word

Posted: 01 Jun 2014 03:12 PM PDT

Give Justin Bieber credit: 

Just hours after a video leaked of the Bieber telling a racist joke at the age of 15, Justin has come out and issued a lengthy explanation and heartfelt apology for the incident.

"As a young man, I didn't understand the power of certain words and how they can hurt," Bieber told TMZ.

Justin Bieber Apologizes For N-Word Joke

"I thought it was ok to repeat hurtful words and jokes, but didn't realize at the time that it wasn't funny and that in fact my actions were continuing the ignorance."

Justin went on to say thank his "friends and family" for helping him lean from mistakes and understands that he needs to "apologize again to all I have offended" now that one of those mistakes has become public.

"I'm very sorry," he continues. "I take my friendships with people of all cultures very seriously and I apologize for offending or hurting anyone with my childish and inexcusable mistake."

"I was a kid then and I am a man now who knows my responsibility to the world and to not make that mistake again."

Justin Bieber Racist Joke

Last week, Louis Tomlinson and Zayn Malik were caught on camera using a similar racial epithet and the artists are getting flak for not apologizing for the word use.

"Ignorance has no place in our society and I hope the sharing of my faults can prevent others from making the same mistake in the future," Bieber added. "I thought long and hard about what I wanted to say but telling the truth is always what's right."

The star concluded:

"Five years ago I made a reckless and immature mistake and I'm grateful to those close to me who helped me learn those lessons as a young man. Once again....I'm sorry."

Straightforward. Immediate. From the heart.

Bravo, Justin. This is how you diffuse a scandal.

Yeah. Selfies like this work if you're Matthew McConaughey. Not Justin Bieber. Also, Matthew McConaughey would never post selfies like this because he doesn't need to constantly beg for attention or prove to himself that he's cool.

Levi Johnston and Sunny Oglesby: Expecting Second Child Together!

Posted: 01 Jun 2014 04:13 AM PDT

Levi Johnston is on his way to becoming the Kevin Federline of Alaska, impregnating the women of The Last Frontier with prolific virility at the age of 24.

His wife, Sunny Oglesby, is expecting the couple's second child, and Levi's third overall, having previously pitched a tent and knocked up Bristol Palin.

The duo's pregnancy announcement, revealed this weekend, defies description:

Prego

The picture posted on TMZ speaks for itself, yet begs so many observations:

  • Levi has his last name, JOHNSTON, tattooed on his arm. Hilarious.
  • Sunny Oglesby drinking water out of her mason jar wine glass is a nice touch. As is the fact that mason jar wine glasses are a thing that exists.
  • The apostrophe is so small, we first thought it said WERE Prego, as in past tense. Which would've been more awkward as an announcement.
  • Sunny looks good, even with stuff spilling out of her mouth.
  • Their first kid is a girl named Breeze Beretta. The end.

Former political figure Sarah Palin could not be reached for comment.

This is the cover for Levi Johnston's book, My Life in Sarah Palin's Crosshairs. Yes, this is a real book.

Steve Ballmer Purchases Los Angeles Clippers for $2 Billion - The <b>...</b>

Posted: 30 May 2014 03:06 AM PDT

Donald Sterling is about to be out.

And Steve Ballmer is about to be in.

The former Microsoft CEO, submitted a winning bid of $2 billion to Shelly Sterling yesterday, with the wife of the Los Angeles Clippers' racist owner acknowledging in a statement that she had agreed to sell.

"I am delighted that we are selling the team to Steve, who will be a terrific owner," Shelly said in a statement. "We have worked for 33 years to build the Clippers into a premiere NBA franchise. I am confident that Steve will take the team to new levels of success."

Steve Ballmer Image

We'd be delighted, too, if we just made $2 BILLION.

The previous high price for an NBA franchise had been $550 million.

Shelly Sterling and Ballmer signed the final papers of the sale shortly before midnight yesterday in Los Angeles. The former said she is acting under her authority as the sole trustee of the Sterling family trust, which owns the Clippers. 

According to ESPN's Darren Rovell, Donald Sterling was recently found by experts to be mentally incapacitated.

He was caught on audio tape a few weeks ago berated girlfriend V. Stiviano for publicly associating with African-Americans and other equally distasteful comments led to Commissioner Adam Silver banning Sterling from the NBA for life.

The executive also said he would work with the league's 29 other owners to force Sterling to sell his team.

I love basketball," Ballmer said. "And I intend to do everything in my power to ensure that the Clippers continue to win - and win big - in Los Angeles.

"L.A. is one of the world's great cities - a city that embraces inclusiveness, in exactly the same way that the NBA and I embrace inclusiveness. I am confident that the Clippers will in the coming years become an even bigger part of the community."

Ballmer stepped down from Microsoft in February and is worth approximately $20 billion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment