Saturday 27 September 2014

Big Brother 16 Winner: Revealed! - The Hollywood Gossip | Gossip Hollywood Blog

Big Brother 16 Winner: Revealed! - The <b>Hollywood Gossip</b> | Gossip Hollywood Blog


Big Brother 16 Winner: Revealed! - The <b>Hollywood Gossip</b>

Posted: 25 Sep 2014 04:31 AM PDT

It's been a long, hot summer on the CBS Studio Lot, but as seasons change and Taylor Swift odes to fall begin, Big Brother has come to an end at last.

Last night's Season 16 finale saw a winner crowned. That being ...

Cody Calafiore, Victoria Rafaeli, Derrick Levasseur

Derrick Levasseur! He bested the remaining house guests to claim the $500,000 prize and the bragging rights that go with winning Big Brother.

What that amounts to, we're not really sure, but well played, Derrick!

In a rare feat, Levasseur managed to survive the summer without ever being nominated for eviction, and seemed to control each and every nomination.

Even if he didn't make them, he seemed to be in command, and when it came down to the end, two people felt he made a "final two" pact with them.

If you watch TV online and saw the Big Brother feeds, it's unclear if you picked up on this puppet mastery any more than those who lived with him.

Guy was that good. Quietly, one of the very best in franchise history.

Frankie Grande ultimately felt he had to reveal, in a strategic move, that his sister is pop star Ariana Grande and that he was playing for charity.

Derrick, however, kept his undercover cop identity close to the vest.

Levasseur's reign was in serious jeopardy at one point, when Cody could have taken Victoria to the final two and likely bested her in front of the jury.

But Derick got the nod, and the $500,000, while Cody settled for second place and a not-so-tidy $50,000. As for America's Favorite House Guest.

Groundskeeper Donny, with a nice $25,000 to show for that title.

To cap it all off, Big Brother Nation can rejoice as the reality show was picked up for another TWO summer seasons with Julie Chen at the helm.

Is it July 2015 yet? No, and maybe that's for the best. But once it's time for the new cast to enter the house, we will be there as we always are.

Do you think Derrick deserved to win Big Brother 16? Was this one of the best seasons in recent memory? Sound off in the comments below!

Derrick Levasseur Photo

Chris Pratt Revisits First Headshot in <b>Hollywood</b> on “Tonight Show <b>...</b>

Posted: 26 Sep 2014 09:33 AM PDT

He starred in one of the biggest films of the year, and Chris Pratt has plenty of people to thank for helping him become the leading man that he is today.

The "Guardians of the Galaxy" hunk dropped by "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" on Thursday (September 25) to talk about how he scored free headshots that led to him getting cast in his first big project "Everwood."

Chris explained, "I was 20 years old in that picture. I guess it was the year 2000. I'd just moved to L.A. I knew I wanted to be an actor. I had no idea what to do to become an actor. I had a car and that was it. I'd asked around and my friend said, 'What you need is something called a headshot, and that's a picture of your head.'"

"I knew I needed a headshot and I was in an area of L.A. called West Hollywood...a predominantly gay area, a really kind of fabulous place. I was at the post office and there was a guy who was really kind of looking at me for a long time. And he was like, 'You look familiar. Have I shot you before?' I was like, 'Oh, I've never been shot! Have you shot somebody? I don't think you've ever shot me. I would know!'"

Pratt continued, "He was like, 'I'm a photographer.' In my head, I'm like, 'Do you do headshots?' He's like, 'Yeah, my apartment is two blocks from here.' I was like, 'Yeah, let's go.'"

From there, "He's like, 'You probably need to take a shower. You're a little messed up.' He was right! I lived in the car. I took the shower, I got cleaned up, I did my hair, as you can see—picked it out a little. And then he was like, 'That shirt's not gonna do. Here's one of mine.' He gave me this shirt that's in the picture. It's a white shirt. It's a nice shirt. I couldn't afford that shirt. I had that shirt and then he takes the pictures. He tells me what to do: tilt my head, put my arm like this. Takes the film out of the camera, sticks it in the thing, hands me three rolls of camera film, which at the time would have cost me like $400, $500 bucks. Headshots are not inexpensive. And he was like, 'Good luck, kid.'"

"I walked out of there an then I decided that this was the best one. He was a good guy. So if you're watching dude, if you remember, thank you," he said. "That got me on The WB. That got me Everwood."

Sincere Says The ATL Cast Is Old | Reality TV News and <b>Gossip</b> <b>...</b>

Posted: 25 Sep 2014 02:48 PM PDT

|

Ray J already said the difference between the Love & Hip Hop Atlanta cast and Hollywood cast is because they're in Cali where they have Palm Trees but at the premiere party his cast mate Sincere Show put it a little differently. When asked about how Hollywood compares, Sincere says,

"They doing their thing down there like shout to them motherf******* but they a bunch of old n*****. Like, we young, like I'm 26. Like n***** under 30 over here. You following a bunch of old heads – we come some young cats doing our thing."

What do you think of Sincere's assessment? Do you think Hollywood is younger and fresher? Is Atlanta forever the number one? See how things go for Sincere and the rest of those "young cats" on an all new Love & Hip Hop Hollywood Monday at 8 PM ET/PT.

Tags: , Love & Hip Hop Atlanta, Love & Hip Hop Hollywood

Joan Rivers is Getting an iPhone 6! (Despite The Fact That She Died <b>...</b>

Posted: 19 Sep 2014 08:56 AM PDT

File this one under "most WTF Apple-related news since they crammed that U2 album down our throats:"

As you've probably heard, comedy legend Joan Rivers died earlier this month after complications from a routine surgical procedure.

But today - just over two weeks from the day that Rivers passed away - a timely post mysteriously popped up on her Facebook page.

  • Joan Rivers Photograph
  • Apple iPhone 6

Many fans were shocked - and no doubt a little disturbed - when Rivers' still-active account posted a photo of a an iPhone 4 along with a status update reading:

"This badass is being replaced by an iPhone 6 (not the fat one). I got this one in 2010, and after 4 years, my only complaint is that apps are designed for bigger screens and the battery is getting tired. Never had a case for it, since it was beautiful on its own."

Naturally, the post raised a number of interesting questions, such as: How is Joan Rivers updating her Facebook from beyond the grave? and, How the hell did she make her phone last four years without a case?!

We may never have an answer to the latter query, but as for the otherworldly post - it's probably just a case of Joan's team having scheduled a status update to go up on the date of the phone's release, and forgetting to cancel it. 

It's especially weird since the iPhone 6 wasn't even announced until after Rivers had passed, but in any event, we're sure she would've gotten a kick out of the fact that she shocked the world and made us laugh one last time.

R.I.P. Joan Rivers (1933-2014). She will never be forgotten.

0 comments:

Post a Comment